Salary: £20,005 (actual salary £17,620 pro rata for term time only)
Employment Terms: Full Time, Fixed Term until August 2023 (then to be reviewed)
Hours: 08:30 – 16:30 Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. 08:30-17:30 on Wednesdays and 08:30-15:30 on Fridays.
Start Date: ASAP
Applications by: 14th November
An exciting number of opportunities have arisen for strong candidates to support teaching and learning at Undershaw Specialist School in Hindhead. At Undershaw we uphold the pastoral wellbeing of everyone within our school community as the central pillar of the education we provide. As a passionate and enthusiastic individual, you will be key to not only supporting the educational learning of our pupils but also to help them develop social skills, independence and grow their self-esteem.
PT will be considered for those who can work a number of full days.
- Grade C (or equivalent) or above in GCSE English & Maths
- Experience of working with young people
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- A great team player with a flexible “can-do” attitude
- Understanding or an interest in Special Needs Education Needs and Disabilities. Full training in meeting the needs of students with SEND will be provided.
- Patient, resilient and above all a great sense of humour
Undershaw can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a committed team in a “Good school”
- Additional support and training to be the best you can be
- A beautiful school environment based in the Surrey Hills
- The perfect opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience for further career development
- Smart Clinic – Wellbeing services
We do not accept CVs and applicants must complete the application form provided. We will begin to interview candidates as soon as suitable applicants have been received. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early. Undershaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer Recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks, including overseas checks, will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
To apply please complete and return application form
Download job description
Download application form