The Undershaw Triumvirate is at the core of our community: students, staff and families. The nature of our school and the profile of our learners is such that the relationship is one of a tight-knit community where communication is a constant state and we take pride in our flexible approach and friendly atmosphere.
We all have a unique perspective on the successes of our school, just as we all have a unique perspective on areas where we can improve. We take The Parent Voice very seriously and have a number of formal and informal mechanisms in place whereby feedback can be gathered.
We have posts for a number of Parent Governors to serve on our Governing Board and would welcome any enquiries to email@example.com
Undershaw Parent Teacher Forum
We value the importance of the school community and ensuring that, as a school, we all work together to improve the provision that we offer our learners. Our Parent-Teacher Forum (PTF) represents a partnership between parents / carers and the school. It is a valuable way to share ideas, views, feedback, support and to make suggestions for improvement.
The key aims of the PTF are:
- To foster good relations between parents and school staff, based on clear communication, mutual respect, support, and empathy.
- To encourage a spirit of co-operation and pride in the accomplishments of the school as well as contributing to the continuous improvement of the school.
- To provide support and guidance to parents and staff.
- To provide an honest parent-staff voice to the leadership team to support decision-making and planning.
We do this by:
- Ensuring all stakeholders are represented at PTF meetings.
- Running educational and supportive sessions on relevant topics.
- Responding to feedback.
- Being open to ideas and suggestions.
If you would like to be involved in the PTF please email SEND@undershaw.education
We also have monthly informal Parent Pods where we invite parents onsite to meet members of the Senior Leadership Team and other key staff for a chat and a coffee. If you would like to register please contact the Headteacher’s PA.
For the 2022-2023 academic year we are particularly welcoming parent feedback on: