- The students and staff at Stepping Stones School celebrate a wonderful set of GCSE, Functional Skills and BTEC results.
- 83% of GCSE grades are grade 4 or above with almost half of grades meeting the grade 5 standard.
- Students who completed the Functional Skills course in English achieved a 100% Pass rate, which is a fantastic achievement.
- BTEC results are equally impressive with all students entered achieving a Pass grade.
- This year’s results show the high level of dedication from all Stepping Stones students and staff.
The Employability and Life Skills Team has worked tirelessly alongside the students to ensure that all each Stepping Stones graduate has secured a place at either local sixth form colleges, supported internships or work placements. Those students selecting to stay for our re-envisioned Post 16 Programme have much to look forward to. This year’s Programme will see the students immersing themselves in a bespoke curriculum, embedded life skills and job coaching. The Programme helps the learners define their potential, reach their goals, and embark on their lives as independent young adults.
Acting Headteacher, Emma West, commented, “We are so very proud of the results achieved by our students this year, which are testament to their hard work, resilience and perseverance. The way that the students adapted to learning online and remained positive about their work and their assessments, despite the uncertainty created by the pandemic, was incredibly impressive. Our students move on with a great set of qualifications but more importantly, they have developed their social and communication skills, built their confidence, and have become the most delightful group of young people. We look forward to hearing all about their next steps and their future successes”
With the backdrop of an impressive set of academic results, September sees a new chapter in the story of Stepping Stones as the school takes on a new name.
Undershaw is a centre of excellence for the education of children with additional needs. An Undershaw experience is child centric and is built on the pillars of a leading curriculum, bespoke qualification pathways, specialist therapy, and innovative enrichment options, all tailored to suit the specific needs of the student.
At Undershaw students feel safe, happy, and motivated to uncover their passion for discovery, learning and the world beyond the school gates.